The MetroWest YMCA designed Classroom Connections, licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC), to provide supplemental learning that aligns with the schools’ education plans while also supporting out-of-school time needs of families. This program serves as an educational and care solution for children to attend on their non-school, remote-learning days.
The program combines digital learning with the trusted quality of care for Hopkinton Public School students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Children will remain in small and stable groups facilitated by experienced Y staff who will help children develop study habits, strengthen SEL and 21st century skills, as well as give students opportunities to spend significant time outside learning, being active and exploring their creativity.
As part of our collective efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will place children in small groups (cohorts) with enrollment options based on the hybrid schedules of the schools that the children attend. Families will have the option of participating in a program from 8:00-3:30 (pickup between 3:00 and 3:30) or from 8:00-5:00. We will also enforce additional health and safety policies and protocols that are available on our website.
Registration and Enrollment Information:
· The MetroWest YMCA continues its partnership with SchoolDoc, a secure online service that brings ease and convenience to completing your child’s additional registration information, uploading health records/physical exams and much more. You will receive an email that has a link labeled "Accept Invite" to SchoolDoc.com. Registrations are not complete, and children cannot attend until all questions, forms and documents are provided with the exception of the fall 2020 flu shot.
· Before the first day in the program, families will be charged a one-week deposit in addition to an annual registration fee for each child. In addition, children who have not attended our Early Learning Center or School's Out sites in the past will also be charged a one-time $30 enrollment fee for each child.
· We will contact you once everything is complete to confirm your child’s start date.
· At minimum of two weeks notice is required for changing the schedule or withdrawing from the program to the Site Director, Emmett Prescott at EPrescott@MetroWestYMCA.org and SchoolsOut@MetroWestYMCA.org.
· Families will be billed weekly.